Tuesday, July 29, 2008

20 Months

Miss Sarah Elizabeth, you are 20 months old today (well, it's after midnight, so 20 mos 1 day, but let's not get technical) and approaching the "Terrible Two's" fast. At some point in recent weeks you have perfected your "foot stomp" and your "do-it-now-glare", but have yet to figure out that doesn't work around here. Usually your "do-it-now-glare" turns into an "eyes-look-downward-stare" after I give you the "look". I think you keep hoping it's going to work its magic one day, so you're not ready to give it up. That's okay, I have outlasted kids before you and I can outlast you. Like others before you, you will learn........how about we make a deal that it's sooner rather than later, eh?

If there is music playing we can find you there dancing. You have the cutest little hip sway. The faintest sound of music will have you running. Many people have stopped to watch you as you boogie to the beat. One time in the grocery store you were dancing in your seat while two older ladies were watching and smiling, which only adds to your pleasure. You are quite the ham.

There are so many things about you that I wish I could bottle up and remember. I love the way you will put your hand up high to wave and say, "Hi!" to everyone you see. It's especially funny when you do it to your sister Charlotte when she comes down from her nap. She is usually grumpy when she first wakes up, but that doesn't stop you. There you are, in her face, saying, "Hi....hi.....hi", waving away until she acknowledges you, which she usually does with a big laugh. I get the biggest kick out of walking in a room with you that is full of people and everyone chuckling at you waving and saying hi to them. You would make a great politician! There hasn't been a stranger yet that you've shyed away from.

Lately people have been commenting on your growth. It seems they think you've "shot up", but I'm not really sure. You are still wearing 18 mos, although 24 mos aren't looking quite as big on you anymore. The sandals (sz 6) that were big on you in May are now getting small, so it looks like your onto a sz 6.5 now. If I had to guess I'd say you weigh around 25 lbs. A few people have asked us recently if Charlotte and you are twins (because we sometimes dress you alike), but you are still much shorter than her, although I guess you are gaining. It will be interesting to see how you progress.

As for your likes and dislikes.........foods you love: food. Seriously, you are one of my best eaters. You certainly give Maggie (my official "best eater") a run for her money. You are willing to try anything and more times than not like it. Such a pleasure after having to deal with Miss Charlotte-I-Don't-Like-Anything-You-Put-In-Front-Of-Me child. It is a pleasure to share my vegetables with you ; ) There really isn't anything you dislike. The only real dislike you have is being told "No", and well, that's too bad because it's going to keep happening. Sorry, kiddo.

Remy asked me today when we were going to have another baby. It seems he thinks you are too old to be the baby. What do you think? I think you rather enjoy being doted on. And that's a good thing 'cause we all enjoying doting on you!

My sweet Sarah Beth.......I love you always and forever

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Aw, she sounds like a lot of fun. Wouldn't her and Lottie enjoy each other? She's still a baby to me, too, but she's saying so many words and DEFINITELY getting big. (Starting some terrible two tantrums just in the past week or so, too. Ugh.)