Monday, July 28, 2008

Has Anyone Seen My Energy?

This weekend was a busy one. At least it felt like it (coming from one who is tired when she wakes up in the morning; so take it all with a grain of salt) to me. Jeff's job has him working on weekends since they are the busiest times, so it's not in our best interest for him to take off. It has to be for something big. Like a Buffet Cruise. With my sisters. And some friends. No, Jimmy Buffet was not there, but a guy strumming his guitar sounded close enough for me. All I know is I didn't have to cut up anyone's food and I was able to finish a sentence without interruption. It was all good. The weather was perfect and a beautiful night to be out on the.....er.....Delaware River. So it wasn't the Florida Keys, but did I mention I finished a sentence (or five?) without interruption?

Yesterday we had a storm blow through. It was perfect timing; just as I was trying to get the girls down for a nap.....so I could nap clean the house. Have I mentioned we all sleep with fans on for white noise? Ya'll realize fans don't work without electricity? Let's not forget my first paragraph here.....the Buffet Cruise where I didn't get home until midnight? And Jeff works weekends, so we have to go to Mass at 9am.......which means getting up at 7:30. I really needed to nap clean the house. After hoping for a half hour the power would come back on and I could salvage their naps, I gave up. They said 4 pm and at 4:15 I called again only to hear it would be back on at 7 pm. That would be almost 6 hours.......I decided to call Jeff and ask him to come home to turn on our generator. The fridge was already starting to feel warm and I really didn't want to throw out any food. Of course the lasagna I had planned for dinner was out so I took the kids to Wendy's. Yes, Wendy's. I know, they were crushed.

My knight in shining armor came home and hooked everything up, including my bedroom fan so I could take my much needed nap, especially now that I had a migraine come on. And yes, of course the power came back on fifteen minutes after he had all the extension cords running all over the house; how did you know? It was a long day, but I'm thankful I woke up migraine free!

I'm still waiting for my power to come back on, though. I have a ways to go, me thinks!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Hope your energy returns soon!

I nominated you for a blog award.
http://dandelionsandroses.blogspot.com/2008/07/birthday-surprise.html